PASADO PROGRESIVO

PAST PROGRESSIVE 



The past of the progressive form is constructed with the past tense of the verb be (was, were) and the gerund (the ing form) of the verb used.
This time is used to express a continuous action in the past or an action that was carried out while another began. Examples:
- What were you doing? I was reading a book.
  ¿Qué hacías? Estaba leyendo un libro.

- I was washing the car when my father called me.
Lavaba el coche cuando me llamó mi papá

Afirmativo.
I was working                 Yo estaba trabajando
Resultado de imagen para past progressiveHe was working              Él estaba trabajando
They were working         Ellos estaban trabajando


Negativo

I wasn’t working      Yo no estaba trajando
He wasn’t working   Él no estaba trabajando
They weren’t working   Ellos no estban trabajando

Interrogativo
 

Auxiliar + pronombre o sustantivo + verbo

Was I working?
¿Estaba yo trabajando?

Was John working?
¿Estaba John trabajando?


EXERCISE 

Complete the story with the verbs in parenthesis. Use the past progressive: 
One evening, I (1) was going (go) home with my cousin Ana. We (2) ___________________ (walk) through the forest when we heard a strange noise. We looked around but it was dark and it (3) ___________________ (rain), so we didn’t see anything. We continued going home but then suddenly we stopped. Two people were in the path and they (4) ___________________ (talk) loudly. We were really scared. There are many scary stories in our village. The most horrible story is about two women who were killed by a murderer while they (5) ___________________ (work) on their house. Maybe it was them? We thought about running away when one of the people said my name. It was my brother Mario – he (6) ___________________ (wait) for me to come home!





FOR MORE HELP, YOU CAN READ MORE ABOUT SIMPLE PRESENTCLICK THE LINK:

Comentarios